- Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 2 cups of warm water
- 2 packages of (¼ oz, 7 grams) dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 8 cups of flour
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- ½ cup of corn oil
- 2 egg yolks, mixed with 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of black cumin seed or caraway seeds
- Mix ½ cup of warm water, yeast, and sugar together and let it proof for 10 minutes.
- When froth appears, sprinkle ½ tsp flour on top and let it continue to proof for 5 minutes more.
- The froth will rise quickly.
- Put flour in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle salt over it.
- Make a well in middle of flour and add oil and yeast mixture.
- Stir this in and add small amounts of water until you have produced a soft, moist dough that can be handled.
- Knead well for 5 minutes.
- Put dough ball back in bowl, cover with towel, and let rise for 1½ hours.
- Punch down dough.
- Divide dough into 8 equal parts and roll each part into a ball.
- Roll each ball into a oval shape (noni) 6 to 7 inches long and ½ inch thick.
- Draw tines of a fork in 3 lines along length of each noni for a decorative design.
- Paint each noni with egg mixture and sprinkle over all ½ tsp black cumin seeds.
- Put noni on an un-greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350 °F oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- The brown top will glisten.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.