In Romanian: Tort Napoleon
- 4 oz / 100 g butter
- 4 oz / 100 g sour cream
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- flour as needed
- vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar
- Mix the melted butter with the sour cream, add baking soda and mix well.
- Add flour and knead until you get a medium soft dough. Divide it into 3 equal parts and roll each into a ½ inch thick round sheets.
- Prick with a fork and bake individually at medium heat.
- When they are cold, spread the following cream.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar until foamy. Add flour and mix.
- Pour hot milk with vanilla over the egg-sugar mixture, mixing quickly.
- Set on heat and keep mixing until the cream starts to thicken.
- Let cool completely and then spread over the sheets.
- Sprinkle the last layer with vanilla flavored confectioner's sugar.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.