Fried rice with chicken. There are many variations for this dish. You can fry the rice with vegetables only or added with beef or seafood (prawns or crab). Here is a basic recipe you can improvise on.
- Serves 2
- 2 cups long-grain rice, cooked
- 1 piece Chicken breast, boneless and skinless, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1/4 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 carrot, parboiled and diced (or you can buy pre-frozen)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 sachet chicken stock
- green onions, chopped for garnishing
- 1 tsp ground chilli (sambal oelek) - omit this if you do not want it spicy
- soy sauce and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
- In a wok, heat oil.
- Saute garlic and onions until slightly brown.
- Add ground chilli and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add chicken stock and all the vegetables, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice and mix thoroughly.
- Add soy sauce and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve hot.
- You can also garnish with a basic omelette, sliced thinly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.