- 4 x Cornish game hens, split in 1/2
- 2 x onions, quartered
- 2 x bay leaves
- 12 x peppercorns
- 2 sm carrots, sliced
- 2 stalk celery, sliced
- 2 tsp salt
- 8 tbl margarine
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 cup chopped Mushrooms
- 4 tbl flour
- 4 tbl black walnut meats, finely chopped
- Place hens in a large pot and barely cover with water.
- Add bay leaf, Onion, carrot, celery, salt, and peppercorns.
- Bring to rolling boil, turn down heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove birds from broth and reserve broth.
- Using a large skillet, saute the birds in 4 tbs of margarine until golden.
- Place birds into Dutch oven, sprinkle with thyme and rosemary and bake slow for 30 minutes.
- Bring broth to rolling boil and cook down to 4 cups.
- Saute Mushrooms in large skillet with remaining margarine.
- Add broth and flour.
- Stir well.
- Add chopped 1walnuts.
- Serve with birds over cooked brown rice.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.