This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Tinsley Estate in Venus, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds lamb chops
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 3 slices chopped bacon
- 2 carrots roughly chopped
- 3 onions roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¾ pound potatoes peeled and sliced
- Cook bacon, onion, carrot, garlic and thyme in pan then remove to casserole dish.
- Brown chops in olive oil then add to vegetables.
- Sprinkle flour in pan then stir in tomato paste and ½ cup water to thicken.
- Cook for 1 minute then add to casserole.
- Pour in stock then cover and bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Uncover and remove bones then season with salt and pepper.
- Cover top of casserole with thick layer of potatoes.
- Replace and bake 45 minutes longer.
- Remove lid then cook 30 minutes longer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.