- 12 oz non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 cup polenta
- 3 cup water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1½ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- ¼ lbs field mushrooms, sliced
- 2 oz dried porcini mushrooms -- soaked
- 3 tbsp capers
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- ⅓ cup fresh basil, chopped
- The day before serving, prepare "cheese" from yogurt by mixing yogurt with ½ teaspoon salt and placing it in a strainer lined with several layers of cheesecloth.
- Squeeze cloth very gently around yogurt and place over bowl.
- Refrigerate and drain for at least 10 hours.
- Before continuing with recipe, carefully remove cheesecloth from ball of cheese.
- Stir polenta into boiling water.
- Add ½ teaspoon salt.
- Cover and cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes or until thick and soft.
- Pour into a 9-inch nonstick pie plate and spread evenly over bottom and sides.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Spread pizza sauce over polenta.
- Arrange vegetables over sauce, top with yogurt cheese, capers and parmesan cheese.
- Bake 25 minutes or until pie is bubbling hot throughout.
- Remove from oven and top with basil.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 147 | grams of fat: 1.8 | percentage fat calories: 11% | cholesterol: 0 mg
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.