Celebrate the spirit of Mardi Gras with this New Orlean's inspired sandwich.
- Prep: 20 minutes - Chill: 2 hrs
- Makes 8 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) jar mixed pickled vegetables, drained, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped stuffed green olives
- 1 (4¼-ounce) can chopped pitted ripe olives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
= Sandwich Edit
- 1 (1-pound) unsliced round Italian bread
- ¼ pound thinly sliced deli turkey
- 4 slices (¾-ounce each) deli Land o Lakes® American cheese
- ¼ pound thinly sliced deli hard salami
- 4 slices (¾-ounce each) deli Land o Lakes® provolone cheese
- Combine pickled vegetables, green olives, ripe olives, olive oil and garlic in medium bowl; mix well.
- Set aside.
- Cut bread in half horizontally; remove bread in center, leaving ½-inch thick bread shells.
- Divide olive mixture between bread shells; press firmly.
- Layer bottom bread shell with turkey, American cheese, salami and provolone cheese.
- Carefully top with remaining bread shell.
- Wrap tightly in plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, secure with toothpicks.
- Cut into wedges.
Nutritional Information Edit
Per 1 Serving: Calories 390, fat 21 g, cholesterol 30 mg, sodium 1710 mg, carbohydrates 36 g, dietary fiber 3 g, protein 16 g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.