New Potato Leek Soup from The Public Health Cookbook, Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original s ource of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: About 30 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 1 lb new potatoes, halved
- 3 small leeks, trimmed
- 1½ tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1¾ cups vegetable stock
- 1¾ cups water
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- small handful of cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Halve the leeks lengthwise and then cut across into thin slices.
- Melt butter into a saucepan.
- Add the potatoes, mustard seeds, onion, garlic, white wine and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, water and nutmeg and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add leeks and cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.