- 6 eggs
- 16 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups of Sugar
- 3 tablespoons of vanilla
- 2 cans of condensed milk
- 2 cans of evaporated milk
- 1 pint of whipped cream
- 1 1/2 cups of corn syrup
- 1 sour lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and find a cakepan that's about the size of a sheet of paper.
- To make the cake part, mix up 6 eggs, 1/2 cup of milk, 2 cups of flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 2 cups of Sugar and 3 tablespoons of vanilla. Make sure that it's all well mixed and then pour it into the cakepan and cook it for 20 minutes.
- The leches (milks) are supposed to be ready when the cake is done so you need to blend the 4 egg yolks, 1/2 cup of milk, 2 cans of condensed milk, and 2 cans of evaporated milk now.
- The baño (bath) is applied once the milks have been inserted so get started on it. Heat up the corn syrup in a bowl while stiring it. Beat the 4 egg whites until they rise and pour in the syrup as you're whipping them. Get a spatula ready for applying the "bath" and start shredding the lemon peals with a Cheese grater and add in cherry juice. Beat this mixture until it's well mixed.
- Once the cake is done, poke holes in it so that they milks can soak into it. Pour in the milks and lift up the sides and do whatever else you have to do to make sure that the cake is completely saturated with milk.
Next cover the soaked cake with the "bath" and put it in the oven to cook for another 10 minutes at 400 degrees. Let it cook until the surface is done and then pull it out and make it look nice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.