- 1 lb Butter
- 4 tbl Chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tbl Finely chopped garlic
- 2 tsp Fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 To 4 crushed cardamom seeds
- 1 piece cinnamon
- 2 Or 3 cloves
- 1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
- Niter Kebbeh is a spiced up ghee. Here is a recipe for it from "The
- Slowly melt butter in a saucepan, then bring to boil. When the top is covered with foam, add the other ingredients and simmer uncovered on lowest heat until the surface is transparent and milk solids are on the bottom (45 to 60 minutes). Pour off the clear liquid and strain through a double layer of damp cheesecloth, discarding the spices and solids. Refrigerate. If strained a second and third time, the mixture will keep either chilled or at room temperature for 2 to 3 months.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.