- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 cup very warm water (between 105 and 115 degrees)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (see note)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (approximately)
- 1 egg beaten with a little water in a large bowl
- Mix yeast and warm water. Stir in sugar.
- Add 3 eggs, margarine, and salt, mixing well.
- Add 2 cups flour; stir well.
- (Dough should be very sticky, But a little additional flour may still be needed.) Let dough.
- Rise 6 hours.
- With floured hands, divide dough into 2 or 3 sections.
- Divide each section into three strips.
- Roll strips into ropes of Approximately equal size.
- Braid each set of three ropes on floured cookie Sheet.
- Let rise 1 hour.
- Brush egg-water mixture over tops of Loaves.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven 20 minutes.
- Turn onto wire racks to let cool.
- Wrap and freeze, if desired.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.