- 1 & 1/2 cup Unbleached Flour; Unsifted
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 1 pk Active Dry Yeast; OR 1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast; Bulk
- 1 cup Unbleached Flour; Unsifted
- 1 cup Cheddar; Sharp, Grated
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ea Egg Yolk; Lg
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- Place the grated cheese in a small bowl and cover to prevent drying then set aside.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups unsifted flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large mixer bowl, blending thoroughly.
- Measure 3/4 cup of milk, water, and butter into a saucepan and heat until the liquids are warm, 115 to 120 degrees F.
- Gradually add the liquids to the dry ingredients in the mixer bowl, beating for 2 minutes at medium speed of the electric mixer, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Add and beat in 1 cup of unsifted flour at high speed. Beat for 2 minutes, scraping the bowl occasionally.
- Mix in enough additional flour (1/2 to 1 cup unsifted) to make a soft dough.
- (Dough will be slightly sticky.) Put the dough into a greased deep bowl.
- Cover with waxed paper and a clean towel and let stand in a warm place until the dough has doubled, 45 to 60 minutes.
- Generously grease several baking sheets. Melt the butter and set aside.
- Punch the dough down with a fist and turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Divide the dough into two equal portions. Set one portion aside.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle 16 X 8-inches. Brush with about one-half of the melted butter.
- Sprinkle with about one half of the grated cheddar cheese.
- Cut crosswise into 8 equal portions. Cut into halves lengthwise.
- Fold each strip into thirds, lapping each side portion over the center third.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet. Repeat for the other half of the dough.
- Beat the egg yolk with the tbls of milk, slightly.
- Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg yolk mixture.
- Let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 425 degrees F. for about 8 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Serve rolls hot.
Contributed by: Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.