Contributed Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups scalded milk
- ½ cups margarine
- ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1½ cups lukewarm water
- 3 cakes yeast
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 9 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Add the margarine, sugar and salt to the milk.
- Add eggs and yeast to milk mixture.
- Blend in flour with a spoon and then with hands.
- Let rise until double.
- Form loaves and let rise again.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.
- Butter the top with Crisco.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.