- 2½ cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced potatoes
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons ground fennel
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- chopped tomatoes and chives
- In a large dutch oven or saucepan, saute onions in vegetable oil for 5 to 10 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add the potatoes, cumin, and fennel; cook for 1 minute.
- Add the hot water; cover, turn up the heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and bouillon cubes and return to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a blender, puree and vegetable/broth mixture until smooth.
- Add lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Reheat the soup, being careful not to scorch it.
- Serve warm; garnish with chopped tomatoes and chives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.