- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne
- 1½ teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 (16.00 ounces) cans sweet potatoes, drained well
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup milk (not skim)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh onion
- 1 dash tabasco sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, stir together the ground beef, breadcrumbs, allspice, nutmeg, pepper, cayenne, and 1 tsp of salt.
- Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate up to the rim; refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl mash together the sweet potatoes and remaining ingredients and the remaining 1/2 tsp salt with a potato masher until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the uncooked meat shell.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.