North Carolina Collard Soup
- 1 bunch collard greens (with out stems - chopped)
- 5 potatoes (cut and peeled)
- 1 can chicken soup or bullion cubes
- 2 onions (chopped)
- salt, pepper to taste
- precooked pieces of ham or sausage as desired
- Put enough water in a large pot to boil all the ingredients.
- Add and cook greens, potatoes, soup (or cubes), onions and salt/pepper on stove for 40 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Then add ham pieces or tiny sausages and boil 5 more minutes.
- Serve with corn bread...delicious and full of warmth.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.