Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 7 pounds watermelon rind, cubed and peeled
- 7 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon oil of cloves
- ½ teaspoon oil of cinnamon
- On the first day, boil rind until tender; drain.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, oil of cloves and oil of cinnamon; pour over rind.
- On the second day, drain the syrup; boil and pour back over rind.
- Repeat on the third and fourth days.
- On the fifth day, repeat.
- Place rind in jars, cover with syrup and seal.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.