Beans, Great Northern Dry by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 6
- ½ cup dry Great northern beans
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup carrots, sliced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 cup dry macaroni
- 1 tablespoon/serving Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Soak beans using quick soak method and cook according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Combine tuna, soup, tomatoes, carrots, celery, parsley, and water in a large stew pot.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 hour.
- Add macaroni and beans; cook for 30 minutes.
- optional: sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.