- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled beets
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet gherkins
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 fluid ounces pilsner beer
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil.
- Add the onion and sauté approximately 8 minutes.
- Add the beets, pickles, sauté for 3 minutes.
- Combine the vegetable mixture with the beef, eggs, salt, pepper, chili powder, and 2 fluid ounces of the beer; mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Pan fry the patties approximately 6 to 7 minutes on each side for a medium burger.
- Remove the patties from the pan and set aside.
- Pour off the grease from the sauté pan.
- Add the remaining beer to the pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Pour the beer sauce over the burgers and serve.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.