- 1½ cups boiling water
- 1 cup dates, chopped
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Hershey's Mini Chips semi-sweet chocolate
- Pour water over dates in medium bowl; let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat sugar, egg, oil and vanilla in large bowl on high speed of mixer 3 minutes.
- Stir together flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder; add alternately with dates to egg mixture, beating until blended.
- Stir in walnuts and small chocolate chips.
- Pour about 1¼ cups batter into each prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.