Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup ufa (cornmeal or cassava flour) for two people
- 2¾-3 cups water for each cup ufa
- butter or margarine optional
Directions[edit | edit source]
- Use a wooden spoon to stir nsima.
- Heat the water in the saucepan until luke warm.
- Mix a little of the ufa with the water, stirring well to make sure there are no lumps.
- Bring to a boil, stirring well, then lower the heat and let boil gently for a few minutes.
- The mixture should look like a thin transparent porridge.
- Sprinkle the remaining ufa over, a little at a time, stirring continuously to avoid lumps from forming, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Keep stirring until the nsima is smooth and well cooked.
- A little butter or margarine may be stirred in at this stage.
- Serve in a dish accompanied by a relish such as pumpkin leaves or tabasco sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.