- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 medium yellow onions, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- ⅓ cup of EACH chopped walnuts, almonds, pine nuts, pistachios
- ⅓ cup plain low fat yogurt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 delicata squash, halved and seeded
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Melt butter in large frying pan over medium to high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, and salt. Cook stirring occasionally, until onions are soft (about 3 mins).
- Stir in sage and cook until fragrent (about 1 min). Stir in nuts. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, and ½ cup of shredded cheese.
- Stir in nut mixture.
- Divide stuffing among squash halves, sprinkle with more cheese, and bake until tender when pierced with a fork and tops are browning (about 45 mins)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.