- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup nut butter of your choice (I highly recommend cashew butter or tahini;
- haven't tried peanut yet)
- 1 1/4 cups water or veggie stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup whole, raw nuts (preferably the same kind as you used in the nut butter)
- Sauté one cup of the mushrooms with the onion in half the oil until tender. Blend the sautéed veggies with the nut butter, water, soy sauce and cayenne pepper. Heat the remaining oil and sauté the whole nuts and remaining 1 cup of mushrooms until tender. Add this to the blended mixture and bring just to a boil on low to medium heat. Simmer on low for 15 minutes until hot.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.