- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup water
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups whipping cream
- Mix walnuts and graham cracker squares in food processor until texture is fine crumbs.
- Add 1/4-1/2 cup Sugar.
- Add egg whites (foamy, not stiff) to nut mixture.
- Add honey to mixture, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt, cut in butter until crumbly.
- Stir in yeast, eggs, and whipping cream.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface, knead until smooth, about 2–3 minutes- place in a greased bowl, turn greased side up.
- Cover, refrigerate until firm- 6 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees, roll out dough, on sugared or floured surface to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Cut into 2 1/2 inch squares.
- Spoon 1 tsp. of nut filling in center of each square.
- Bring two opposite corners to center, pinch to seal.
- Wet fingertips with a little bit of water.
- Fold sealed tip to one side, pinch to seal.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10–15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.