Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups coarsely chopped broccoli
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon dried basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (cooked in low-sodium chicken broth)
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add broccoli, carrots and onion.
- Cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes or until broccoli and carrots are tender and onion is beginning to brown.
- Add mushrooms, garlic, thyme, basil, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add rice and pecans; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until well blended and thoroughly heated.
- Just before serving sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.