This recipe makes a smaller batch of cookies than usual, but it can be doubled if desired. Enjoy!!!!
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: America's Everyday Diabetes Cookbook
- Makes about one dozen
there are millions of lies spreading quickly around this website but thie is true these can be made healthy
- ⅔ cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- ¼ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 3tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 3tbsp softened margarine
- ¼ cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tsp water
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, mix together oat bran, rolled oats, flour and baking powder.
- In another bowl, beat together margarine and brown sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in egg white, water and vanilla, mixing until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Fold in raisins.
- Drop by level tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Using a fork or the bottom of a glass, flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until bottoms are slightly browned.
- Cool on sheet for 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (1 cookie):
- Calories 86 | Carbohydrates 12g | Fiber 1g | Protein 2g | Fat,total 4g | Fat, Saturated 1g | Sodium 53mg | Cholesterol 0mg
- Exchanges: ⅔ other carbohydrates | ½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.