- 2 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs well beaten
- 2 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats (Quaker quick or old fashioned. Do not use instant)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (use ½ cup if using raisins)
- 1 cup butter
- Cream shortening and sugars, add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add to first mixture and mix well.
- if you wish ad some smarties
- Add oats last.
- Spoon out by rounded tablespoonfuls on to greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.