This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons butter at room temperature cut into small pieces
- 3 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and cut in the butter using a fork.
- Add cheese stirring just enough to incorporate.
- Beat egg and milk together and add to the flour mixture stirring as little as possible.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and pat down to a thickness of about 1½ inches.
- Cut into 2-inch rounds and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for 15 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.