Uzbek home-style bread
- Yield: 6 flat loaves
- Combine 1 cup flour, salt and yeast in a large bowl.
- Heat milk to hot (125°F to 130°F) in saucepan, then stir into flour.
- Add enough flour to make moderately stiff dough, two and a half to three cups.
- Knead 10 minutes.
- Let rise, covered in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 2 hours.
- Punch risen dough down and divide into 6 balls.
- On 3 lightly greased baking sheets, flatten balls with hands into round pizza shapes 7 or 8 inches in diameter and ¼ inch thick in center, with 1 inch wide raised edges about 1 inch thick.
- Using ice pick or head of brad, cover flat center of bread with decorative holes in concentric circles.
- Cover loaves in cloth and let stand 10 minutes.
- Brush loaves with beaten egg.
- Bake at 400°F until browned, 15 to 20 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Each loaf contains (approx):
- 311 calories | 436mg sodium | 40mg cholesterol | 3g fat | 59g carbohydrates | 11g protein | 0.18g fiber
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.