- 2 bundles okra leaves
- ½ pint palm oil
- 2 dried fish
- 1 lb beef
- ½ cup cockle or shrimps (dried)
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large onion
- 3 cups water
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- salt to taste
- Cut meat into 1-inch cubes and put into a saucepan with water, cockle, or shrimps.
- Cook at a moderate heat.
- Grind onion and pepper and add to meat.
- Simmer until the meat is tender.
- Add palm oil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Wash and shred leaves into large pieces and add to the sauce.
- Add cooking soda and cook gently.
- Flake fish and add to the sauce.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until the desired consistency is reached.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve with foofoo or rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.