Makes 6 servings
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4 ounces pasteurized process American cheese spread
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup (2 ounces) grated cheddar cheese
- Cook onion and celery in butter in large skillet until tender crisp.
- Add rice, broccoli, chicken soup, cheese spread, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce.
- Spoon into buttered 1½ to 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake 3 minutes longer, or until cheese melts.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.