Recipe by Arleen Kaptur. See her article on Perk-up Sauces and Marinades
- ½ cup canola oil or olive oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onion, red, white, or yellow only or (4 tablespoons onion paste)
- ½ cup tomato juice or (1 cup tomato sauce)
- ¼ cup lemon juice, cold only
- ¼ cup snipped or chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 tsp. thyme, dried and crushed
- ½ tsp. pepper, black or red only
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Combine all ingredients. Pour contents into the glass bottle. Reserve this in the refrigerator/freezer.
- Place meat in a plastic bag set in a bowl or pan.
- Pour marinade over meat and secure bag with a tie. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, remove meat and discard marinade.
- Use on meat, poultry, or seafood. Reserve the remaining/used herb-based marinade in the refrigerator.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.