Purchased from Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1989. This recipe indicates it was received from Ms. Tibbenham’s Sunday School class. Dated 1938.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1¼ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup molasses
- 4 eggs
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- your favorite 9” pie shell, preferably home made
- ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ¼ cup flour, corn syrup, molasses, eggs and baking soda.
- Mix well and pour into the pie shell.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup flour, butter, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Stir until crumbly then sprinkle evenly over the corn syrup mixture.
- Bake for 55 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.