This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pryor Estate in Grapevine, Texas in 1996.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 pounds meaty soup bones
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 small white onion chopped
- 1 cup carrots diced
- ½ cup celery diced
- 2 cups potatoes diced
- 1 pound can whole kernel corn undrained
- 1 pound can tomatoes cut up
- 2 turnips peeled and finely chopped
- Place bones, water, salts, onions, carrots and celery in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove bones and chop meat then return to pot.
- Add potatoes, corn, tomatoes and turnips.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 hours more.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.