- 1 l mushroom stock
- 400 g sauerkraut
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 30 g boiled (15 g dried) mushrooms
- 1 tsp flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 – 2 tbsp plum jam
- 8 potatoes
- 1 tbsp pork fat
- Prepare the mushroom stock.
- Stew the sauerkraut with pork fat.
- Saute the shredded carrots and onions.
- Add the sauteed vegetables to boiling stock and cook for 10 to 20 minutes, adding shredded boiled mushrooms, plum jam, flour blended with some stock, sugar, salt.
- Pour out the kapusnik in helping jugs and keep in oven for some time.
- Serve with baked potatoes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.