- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup shortening
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
- 1/4 Cup White sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Cups Milk
- 2/3 Cup White sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 7x11 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour and salt.
- Cut shortening in thoroughly with a pastry blender until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in water and press dough together with your hands.
- Roll out pastry into a large rectangle.
- Spread the butter evenly over the pastry, and then sprinkle on 1/4 cup sugar and nutmeg.
- Roll up the dough jelly roll style and pinch to seal.
- Cut into 12 even slices.
- Place the rolls in the prepared pan.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk, 2/3 cup sugar and vanilla until mixture begins to bubble.
- Pour milk mixture over rolls.
- Bake in preheated oven until brown, about 30 to 40 minutes.
Contributed by: Edit
When we are grateful for the good we already have, we attract more good into our life. On the other hand, when we are ungrateful, we tend to shut ourselves off from the good we might otherwise experience. ~Sylvia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.