This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 1 and 1/2 lbs. of baking potatoes
- 2 packages of dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp. warm water
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 and 3/4 to 4 cups of flour
- Boil potatoes until tender, peel and mash while they are warm.
- Stir yeast in warm water, let stand 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl beat potatoes, yeast, oil, flour and salt for 3 minutes. Add up to 1 tablespoon of water to form a ball.
- Knead by hand floured for 5 minutes.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl, cover with plastic, allow to rise in a draft-free place for 1 and 1/2 hours.
- Cut dough in half, shape into 2 round loaves, slit the tops.
- Heavily flour and cornmeal a cookie sheet, place loaves side by side. Rise until double( about 45 minutes).
- About 30 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Lower heat to 400 degrees, bake from 35–40 minutes.
- Mist with water 3 times in the first 10 minutes of baking. Cool
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.