In this recipe you could just make the Parmesan chicken breasts and serve them just like that, or you can add the pasta, broccoli and more and make a copy cat recipe of this dish and serve this anytime at home. Often the Olive Garden has a very seasonal menu, serving up fabulous dishes only for a short period of time. Now you can enjoy their Parmesan Crusted Chicken anytime.
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¼ cup Kraft Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup milk
- 6 (½″) thick pieces of chicken breast strips (chicken tenders)
- vegetable oil (frying )
- 2 cup dry bowtie pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp crushed garlic
- ½ cup white table wine (chablis)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¾ cup half and half
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp basil leaves
- ¾ cup mild asiago cheese (finely grated)
- 4 broccoli florets (lightly steamed)
- 2 white mushrooms (quartered lightly steamed)
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Wash and drain chicken strips.
- Mix breadcrumbs, flour, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Place milk in dish for dipping.
- Dip chicken in breadcrumb mixture and then in milk and then back in breadcrumbs.
- Place in fry pan that the oil has bee heated and fry at medium to medium low temperature until golden.
- Remove and drain chicken.
- In a saucepan on medium heat, melt butter, add olive oil.
- Whisk in flour until mixture is blended.
- Quickly add garlic, water, and ½ teaspoon of salt stir well.
- Add wine and blend.
- Immediately add half and half and sour cream stir.
- When mixture is smooth add grated cheese stir until melted.
- Finally sprinkle fresh basil in the sauce and stir lightly and remove from heat.
- Place 2 cups pasta in individual a pasta dish.
- Spoon about ½ – ¾ cup sauce over pasta, add broccoli and mushrooms.
- Place Parmesan chicken on pasta and sprinkle red crushed pepper and add grated Parmesan cheese if desired.