This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Butler Estate in Irving, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
Mexican Tomato Sauce Edit
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small white onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy skillet over moderate heat and fry tortillas until limp.
- Drain on paper towels and place two tortillas side by side on each plate.
- Fry eggs in butter for 2 minutes.
- Place 2 eggs on top of each tortilla and top with tomato sauce.
- To make sauce heat oil in a saucepan and fry onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook over low heat for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.