- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 1/2 c. sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. cocoa
- 1/2 c. Crisco
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Sift flour, sugar, soda, salt, and cocoa.
- Add Crisco and 2/3 cup buttermilk.
- Beat at medium speed 2 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup buttermilk and eggs. Beat 2 minutes.
- Bake in greased 8 inch pans lined with wax paper and greased again. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.