Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: The American Heart Association Quick And Easy Cookbook, 1995 by the American Heart Association.
- 2 to 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 whole-grain English muffins, split and toasted
- ½ cup small broccoli florets
- ¼ cup chopped red, yellow or green bell pepper
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- ½ cup shredded low-fat Monterey jack cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread mustard over the cut side of each English muffin half.
- Arrange broccoli, bell pepper and carrot over mustard. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place English muffin halves on the unheated rack of a broiler pan.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until cheese melts.
Nutritional Information Edit
- Servings per Recipe: 2
- Nutrition per Serving: 246 Calories, 14g Protein, 34g Carbs, 6g Total Fat, 4g Saturated Fat, 0g Polyunsaturated Fat, 2g Monounsaturated Fat, 17mg Cholesterol, 352mg Sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.