- ¾ lbs chicken breast, boned skinless
- 1 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- non-stick spray coating
- 4 cup broccoli flowerets
- ½ cup onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1⅓ cup brown rice, cooked and hot
- ½ orange, sliced
- Rinse chicken; pat dry.
- Cut the chicken into 1" pieces.
- Set aside.
- For sauce, stir together orange juice, cornstarch, sherry, tamari sauce, and ground ginger.
- Set aside.
- Spray a cold work or large skillet with nonstick coating.
- Preheat wok or skillet over medium heat.
- Add broccoli and onion; stir-fry for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Remove vegetables.
- Add oil to wok or skillet.
- Then, add chicken; stir-fry for 2 to 4 minutes or till tender and no longer pink.
- Push chicken from center of wok or skillet.
- Stir sauce; add to the center of the wok or skillet.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Return vegetables to wok or skillet; stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce.
- Serve immediately over rice.
- Garnish with orange slices.
Nutritional information Edit
Food exchanges per serving: 2 lean meat + 1 starch/bread + ½ fruit + 1½ vegetable + ½ fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.