Purchased from the Zimmerman Estate in Terrell, Texas in 1967. Date and source unknown. This is good. I made it for a family Sunday dinner and it was well received. Will make again and again.
- Contributed by Cat's Recipes Y-Group
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- 24 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- Combine crumbs and butter.
- Press into bottom of spring-form pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- Soften gelatin in juice.
- Stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing well on medium.
- Gradually add gelatin.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Fold in whipped cream and peel.
- Pour over crust.
- Chill until firm.
- Garnish with orange slices and fresh mint, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.