It's very good and you can add whatever vegetables that appeal to your family. This recipe is for 4 servings.
- Preparation: 30 minutes.
- 1 lb sirloin steaks, about ¾ inch thick
- 5 carrots, peeled
- 2 oranges
- ½ cup oyster sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons minced gingerroot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups sugar snap peas or snow peas, trimmed
- Trim fat from steak.
- Slice across the grain in ⅛ inch thick strips; cut into 2-inch lengths.
- Cut carrots into ¼ inch pieces.
- Using zester, peel rind of oranges into long, narrow strips.
- Squeeze oranges to make ⅓ cup of juice.
- Whisk together half of the rind, the juice, oyster and soy sauces, sherry, cornstarch and pepper sauce.
- In bowl, combine beef with 2 tbs of the sauce and let stand for 20 minutes.
- In wok, heat half of the oil over high heat; stir fry beef in batches for 1 - 2 minutes or until browned but still pink inside.
- Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil, ginger and garlic to wok.
- Stir-fry over medium-high heat for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Add carrots and ¼ cup water.
- Cover and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve snow peas diagonally.
- Stir into wok with beef and remaining sauce; bring to boil and cook uncovered for 1 - 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Top with remaining rind.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.