This tangy stir-fry sauce is made from real fruit juice and teriyaki sauce and is best used as a marinade for meat or poultry, as it always delivers a bold Japanese flavor with the ginger and sugar content.
- 1 cup orange juice
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. minced ginger
- 1 tbsp. corn starch dissolved in water
- Combine all ingredients in an uncovered pot, with the exception of the dissolved corn starch simmer at low-medium temperature for about 20 minutes, while you prepare the rest of the stir fry.
- Add the corn starch to the last minute and stir for about 1-2 minutes, while sauce thickens.
- While sauce is simmering, prepare a vegetable stir fry with the veggies of your choice, combining tofu with red peppers, green peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots.
- When veggies are cooked, drain any excess liquid, and add sauce.
- Serve on a bed of rice or rice noodles or reserve the homemade, fruit-based stir-fry sauce in the refrigerator and use as a marinade for meat or poultry.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.