In Romanian: Lichior de portocale
- 1 qt / 1 l water
- 1 lb / 500 g sugar
- ½ qt / 0,5 l vodka
- 1 teaspoon caramelized sugar essence (optional)
- Grate the peel from 4 oranges and place in a jar.
- Add half of the vodka, and cover with cellophane.
- Keep in a warm place for two weeks.
- This will be the essence.
- Make a syrup out of the sugar and water.
- When ready, add half of the strained essence and remove from heat.
- Let cool.
- Then add the other half of the strained essence, ½ qt / 0,5 l vodka and the caramelized sugar essence. It is better to filter this through special filter paper.
- Bottle the drink and keep in a cool place.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.