- mint leaves
- lemon juice to taste
- 2 tsp honey
- 1½ cups orange juice
- 3 large, very ripe mangos
- 1 large navel orange
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- Remove rind from the orange and set it aside.
- Peel and remove all the pith from the orange, then cut the orange into ¼ inch slices and refrigerate.
- In a food processor, puree the mango flesh and the orange rind until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into a 1½ quart container.
- Add the buttermilk, orange juice and honey to taste.
- The soup should be the consistency of whipping cream if it is too thick, add more buttermilk.
- Chill thoroughly up to 2 days before serving.
- Just before serving, add lemon juice and more honey, if necessary.
- Pour into chilled dishes and float an orange slice and mint leaves on top.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.