Makes 12 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups skim milk
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 0.3-ounce package artificially-sweetened orange flavor gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 2 oranges, peeled, sectioned, and coarsely chopped
- Combine rice, milk, orange peel and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 25 minutes, or until thickened, stirring often.
- Add gelatin and vanilla; cool.
- Fold topping and oranges into rice mixture.
- Spoon into 12 individual 1/2-cup molds or 6-cup ring mold.
- Chill until firm. Unmold onto serving plates.
- Garnish with additional whipped topping, if desired.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.