Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- This recipe yields about 1 cup of vinaigrette.
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over high heat, reduce the orange juice until it forms a syrup.
- Let the syrup cool slightly.
- In a blender, combine the orange syrup, onion, lime juice, mustard, chili powder and vinegar.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- With the blender running, slowly add the olive oil until the dressing emulsifies.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour into a squeeze bottle.
- May be prepared up to 1 day ahead and refrigerated.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.