Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup water
- 3 x 14 oz cans low-salt fat-free chicken broth
- 1½ cups orecchiette or gnocchi pasta shells
- 1 x 10 oz package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup chopped, seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 6 teaspoons Parmesan cheese
- Peeling tomatoes: cut out the stem; plop tomatoes into boiling water for about 1 minute; remove from water with a slotted spoon and immediately drop into a bowl of cold water and ice cubes (to stop the cooking process); peel should practically slide off easily with the help of a paring knife.
- Bring water and broth to a boil in a large dutch oven.
- Add pasta and spinach; cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 12 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Stir in tomato.
- In a cup, combine 3 tbsp cheese, pepper, salt and egg, stir well.
- Slowly drizzle egg mixture into simmering soup; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Ladle into soup bowls, sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 177 | Fat 4g | Carbs 24g | Fiber 1g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.